Our fellowship will be more complete with your presence.
May you find peace and joy in worship together.
We offer a special welcome to any visitors who may attend..
1. Our locum minister, Rev. Douglas Moore will lead us in worship this morning. He will be away until 26th May. Please contact Ian Murphy for pastoral care. Next Sunday will see a pulpit exchange with Ian Jamieson in his capacity as locum minister for the parishes of Stair and Ochiltree. This is part of our activities with C6.
2. Drongan The Schaw Kirk now has its own Facebook page. Please visit our new page this week if you can. To find out more, speak to Ian Murphy.
3. Please return all Christian Aid envelopes as soon as possible so that donations can be sent off. Thank you for your help.
4. Margaret Moore is organising a Bible study group and would like to find out who would be interested in attending on a Wednesday evening. Please speak to her or email her on firstname.lastname@example.org
5. PRAYING ACROSS SCOTLAND
Please remember to pray for the business of the General Assembly which takes place from yesterday to Friday 26th May.
6. Thursday soup lunches continue 12.0 to 1.30pm. Takeaways available. Please support the ladies who work so hard to help raise funds for the Schaw Kirk. Food available includes baked potatoes, salads and macaroni cheese as well as puddings etc.
. The Guild have organised an outing to see the show home at Hope Homes’ Botanics development in Kilmaurs on Wednesday 14th June in the afternoon at 2pm. This outing is open to the congregation. A bus will leave the Schaw Kirk at 1.15pm. Please add your name to the list at the back of the church. Numbers are limited.
8. If you could be a helper at Sunday School, even occasionally, please speak to Margaret Clarke or Anne Hope. We are needing someone to help every third Sunday.
9. The summer edition of the newsletter will soon be available. Can all organisation leaders please send information to Ian Murphy as soon as possible and by 4th June at latest. Anyone who would like to contribute an article will have it gratefully received.
10. The annual Congregational Outing is on Saturday 9th September. We will go to Loch Lomond and enjoy a boat trip, see round the church at Luss and enjoy high tea in Largs. Please add your name to the list at the back of the church if you wish to go. Costs and timings available shortly.
11. Thanks to all those who attended our C6 open air Communion in the grounds of Stair Church on Wednesday. 60 – 70 people joined us and enjoyed a lovely service. Photos can be seen on our new Facebook page, our website dronganschawkirk.co.uk. There is a small selection on our noticeboard.
Minister – Rev Jamie Milliken
Session Clerk – Mr John Reid
Presbytery Elder – Mr Kenneth McKelvie
Give Thanks ….
For all of those who give their time, talents and finance for the worship, work and witness of the church.
Pray for ….
More people to respond to God’s call; helping share the load and enjoying the blessing.
Minister – Rev Derek Peat
Session Clerk – Ms Jane Elliot
Presbytery Elder – Mr Ian Kelly
Pray for ….
The work within the Church and its outreach and mission in the community.
22nd: Acts 2
23rd: Acts 3
24th: Acts 4
25th: Acts 5
26th: Acts 6